Well I don't want to really go private so I want so comments on what I should do. I want everyone that reads my blog to just leave a comment so that I know who is looking. I know everyone is going private but I don't want to loose touch with those who might find me. Let me know
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


18 comments:
I dont want to go private either for that same reason. I have found alot of people through blogging and If I go private Im afraid I wont find anyone else. But I definetely would feel safer if I did it so I am in the same situation as you. I will do what you do. Does that help? But Stacys situation really scared me.
Hey Des! I went private a long time ago and it's true people don't find you as easy, and when they do unless they know your e-mail they can't tell you to add them. But I had some random comments left on my blog and then people would talk about it and I didn't know it was people who even knew about my blog so it kind of freaked me out! So I say go private it's worth it. If someone wants to find you they can leave you a comment somewhere else or have someone tell you to add them!
hey, if you go private be sure to put me on your list so I can still check your blog.
What is the big scare about. Why is every body going private...I've been out of the loop so I havn't heard anyones horror stories fill me in and then Let me know if I should go private.
I feel the same way-I don't want to go private. So I try to be very careful about what I write. I try really hard to keep last names out and so forth... But let me know if you go private!
After the email that I got from some unknown disgusting stranger, there was no question for me! I won't risk having some freak checking out my family and especially my girls on the internet. At least if I am private, I feel like I know who is looking at everything that I spill my guts about!
I think it is worth it, but you do lose contact with a lot of people. I had a friend that kept her old blog address, leaving a post on it saying that she'd gone private, then created a new one so if someone came across her old one, they had to email her and she'd send an invite to her new private one. Does that make sense? I think that way if you are worried about losing contact with people, at least they can email you for an invite. Good Luck!
I don't know Dez - I decided to go private because of pics of my kids - but I am a blog stalker, so I like it when people aren't private. What do ya do? Ghetto.
I went private because some weird guy posted on my blog about Lucas and I didn't want him copying pictures off my blog and posting them somewhere else. But, I also am a blog stalker so it's a catch 22.
There are too many freaking weirdos. If people really want to find you (people that you want to find you) they will figure out a way.
send me an invite if you decide to go super secret :)
lauraandjordanhill@gmail.com
I really should be more concerned about it and now that pretty much everyone is private I guess I might as well too. I just don't know if my mom or grandparents who don't have blogs would be able to or take the time to do whatever it is you do to still see them:)
meganhamilton23@yahoo.com
I've decided to go private because I want to use my blog as a scrapbook/journal. I don't want people knowing my kids birthdays and nicknames etc... You know things that you wouldn't tell just anyone. I don't want to have to limit what I post. If people really want to contact you, they'll find a way. I have still been able to get in touch with people who are private and they have found me. So I think it's the safe way to go.
Too many crazies out there for me!
I agree with everyone else--it's better to be safe than sorry. I have been private for quite a while and have liked it just as much as being public. I really like knowing who is looking at my blog and reading everything about our family. Let me know if you decide to do it and I will send you my e-mail.
Des, I say ditto to what everyone else has said. Make sure to add me if you go private I enjoy seeing what your little fam is up to.
Erica
Hey if you go private add me please!! lacyhardman@yahoo.com
Dont go private without adding me first :-)
Mary
marynilson@gmail
I agree with most here and I'm all about safety. I'll be going private again here in a little bit...Polly & J.D
Go Private that is my vote!
Post a Comment